Tuesday, January 1, 2013

When Did Real Estate become cheap?


1) Why do you buy real estate?

To Make Money

2) Why do you sell Real estate?

To Make Money

3) Why do I sell real estate?

To Make Money and provide for my family

My office is being repainted. A Number of bookshelves and display items were moved. One that resurfaced was my Listing Presentation Binder. You know; That Vinyl Bound three ring binder with all the plastic sleeves we took to your kitchen table, My History, My career in real estate, What my average sales percentages from asking price are, How many listings I expire unsold, why I am intimate with your community, why my company is well placed to service and handle your sale, Hard  copies of Advertising and Property Presentations. Stuff that Sellers should be asking a Listing Agent

I had worked on this book as a Presentation in progress as it spanned 10 years of experience and homes I had sold.

Amongst those sleeved papers were RECO rulings for other members crossing the line with Advertising, Non disclosures, Ethics Decisions and a Form that I signed with RE/MAX in 2000.  Yes.  13 years ago. The single page Agreement indicated that I would not advertise inducements to obtain business. That meant;

  • No Kick Backs for Furniture 
  • No $1,000 Gas Cards
  • No Ipads
  • No Cash Backs

This book has not been updated since 2006 when I moved to a Powerpoint Presentation for my Laptop, then updated again when I moved to the iPad.  I regularly receive calls from Sellers that want nothing to do with Marketing, Pricing, Presentation or Negotiation,  they just want the commission rate.  How much do you charge?

Buyers call and TELL ME! That unless I pay them 50% of the GROSS commission they will not purchase with me. I was recently told that [the buyers] are doing their own search and expecting the Listing Agent to cut his commission to make the deal happen.  The FOCUS should be on purchasing a property at a good value compared to the market conditions and recent sales, moving you from pre approval to a FIRM commitment to Finance and to prepare with you for your Statement of Adjustments and final closing.  You can look online for anything you like on my VOW but How will you know which house is a deal and which house is not? I provide the experience to interpret the data and help you move forward with confidence. 

Now we add some perspective. From another real estate source, we can glean that of 34,000 Licensed Real Estate Agents registered in Toronto worked on 80,000 transactions that happened in and around the GTA trading area. Of those registered 6,000 did not sell a home in 2012, while approximately 5,500 averaged one sale. The Author suggests that unless you are selling a minimum of 7- 12 units a year you are not necessarily earning enough to be a full time agent.

What promoted this post?   I received an offer to List for Free*

If the first opportunity to meet and represent your interests is attracted by a FIB, How will our future transaction progress? If the services I offer you have no value  How will I value the equity in your home?  When did selling a house become a BOGO, Two for One or Cash Back Offer? 

When did selling a House become cheap?

Add your comments






No comments:

Post a Comment