When you are in a multiple offer situation and you are unclear of your direction; here is some wonderful advice I recently absorbed.
- Is you offer so good that the Buyer's will Say Holy Sh**!
- Once you find out how much the house sold for, Is your response "Holy Sh**! I would have paid that!
In an effort to Aide transparency RECO is amending and adding clauses to REBBA
On April 18, 2013, the Minister of Consumer Services proposed new legislative amendments to the Real Estate and Business Brokers Act, 2002 (REBBA) through the Stronger Protection for Ontario Consumers Act. This proposed legislation would apply new rules for the real estate sector that would affect both REALTORS® and consumers.The proposed legislation consist of:
- Requiring real estate salespeople and brokers acting on behalf of a buyer to only present offers in writing
- Requiring the brokerage acting for the seller to retain copies of all written offers received, providing clarity for buyers and sellers
For more information regarding the proposed amendments, please visit: http://news.ontario.ca/mcs/en/2013/04/strengthening-protection-for-home-buyers-and-sellers.html
- Allowing home sellers and buyers to negotiate a combination of fees and commissions with a real estate professional, tailoring the cost with the services consumers want
In a recent Multiple offer situation; once we selected the final bid, I had copies of the other offers to display to the BIDDER. There is nothing wrong with honesty and disclosure.
What do you think?
Will you write offers differently?